11.7 C
Srinagar
Thursday, April 18, 2024

Hafeez slams team selection for T20I series vs New Zealand

Srinagar: Former Pakistan cricketer and recently team...

Players with most runs, wickets, sixes in IPL 2024

Srinagar: IPL 2024 is going on in...

Floyd Mayweather says fight with UFC’s Conor McGregor will not happen

InternationalFloyd Mayweather says fight with UFC's Conor McGregor will not happen

Retired boxer Floyd Mayweather has ruled out a bout with mixed martial arts (MMA) fighter Conor McGregor.

The American five-weight world champion, 39, said earlier this year he would want $100m (£69.3m) to fight the 28-year-old Irish UFC star.

“I tried to make the fight happen but we [weren’t] able to, so we must move on.” Mayweather told FightHype.com.

“I feel honoured to be the biggest name in MMA and in boxing, and I don’t even compete no more.”

mayweather

McGregor had previously said he was interested the contest, as long as Mayweather – who retired from boxing in September 2015 – could come up with the “appropriate funds” for the crossover fight.

“He is running around the Showtime offices, begging those executives to come up with the $100m cash he needs to fight me,” the Irishman said last month. “As soon as he gets my money, we can fight.”

McGregor is under contract with the UFC, and any potential fight against Mayweather would have had to involve a co-promotion or the UFC’s blessing.

Check out our other content

Check out other tags:

Most Popular Articles